[Prev][Next][Thread Index][Subject Index]

Re: NEWS: Paramount is Shutting Down Trek Websites!!!

Well, this doesn't surprise me, I wonder if MSN had anything to do with this.
Paramount and Viacom do own the rights to Star Trek, people who own things
are allowed to do with them what they wish.

The question is, just how flexible is Viacom willing to be?  The official
Trek sites have next to nothing on them, they suck.  I read the letter
that Viacom sent to one of the sites.  It seems to imply, if not actually
say, that people who create artwork of any Star Trek entity is also in
violation of the copyright.  If so, this alienates quite a few people.

I was going to add some original art of trek from a friend of mine and a
few pictures taken from some favorite episodes for my personal web page.
Does this mean that I would be in violation of the copyright as well?

I wonder what Roddenberry would say to this shit.  If this is the way
they want to do it, well viacom, paramount (and if gates had anything
to do with it), they can all kiss my ass!

I'm just as satisfied with watching B5 and my Star Wars movies.

DARKWYND