[Prev][Next][Thread Index][Subject Index]

Re: URGENT!! The Wrath of Viacom!

Sorry dude, all trek images, sounds, and probably dialog is
copyrighted material owned by Paramount (or their parent co).
As such, the owners have every right to control (or not)
how their materials are used and to expect financial compensation
for the use of those materials.  Like it or not, Paramount
is in business to make money not to provide you or anyone
else with free material for your web page, especially now,
when they have a competing commercial site.

As a photographer and a software developer, I can fully
appreciate Paramount's actions to control the use of their
images.

Perhaps in the 24th century, when money no longer is relevant,
all such materials will be public domain, but here in the
20th/21st century, you are SOL.  I would be EXTREMELY shocked
and wary of any lawyer who tells you otherwise.

Jeffrey A. Schwartz		jeff.schwartz@SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM
NCR Corporation			Global Partner Labs
17095 Via del Campo ms 9853	San Diego, CA  92127
(619) 485-2052			VoicePlus 440-2052
The question isn't are you paranoid, but are you paranoid enough!
GO LIONS