[Prev][Next][Thread Index][Subject Index]

Re: NEWS: Paramount is Shutting Down Trek Websites!!!

Quark's Latinum Lady wrote:

> Paramount is cracking down on Star Trek websites that violate copyright law by using
> copyrighted pictures, photos, art, logos, movies, sounds, characters, etc.  Some
> webmasters have already received a letter warning them to remove all copyrighted materials
> from their sites.  Chris Harrison has this letter posted, which you can read at:
>
> http://www.igs.net/~chrisharr/startrek.html

My first reaction is to *angrily* SHOUT: WHAT THE HELL DO
 THEY THINK THEY ARE DOIN' ?
Then , my second one is to think about what we can do about that,
 how we can react and make them understand they're making a
*huge* mistake. I mean, the whole "official" stuff you can
 find on the Web is crap. I don't use Internet Explorer and so I can't
 go the MS Star Trek site. The Paramount thing is lame and really only
the fans have been able to do something great with the whole thing !
 ST lives thanks to whom, do you think ? OK, they produce it, but
 without us they're dead !  I wish we could do something like they
 did back in the 1968, but this time about *thier* rights and *ours*,
that is, to enjoy ourselves by sharing what we like with other fans.
Only a very small percentage of people makes money out of fandom.
 The great majority simply has fun with it, nothing else !

Opinion, anyone ?

Joelle ( who could really puts her money on  something else if needed)