[Prev][Next][Thread Index][Subject Index]

Paramount hates money- Was RE:NEWS:Paramount is shutting down trek websites

Sambuc wrote:

> Quark's Latinum Lady wrote:
> >
> > Paramount is cracking down on Star Trek websites that violate copyright law by using
> > copyrighted pictures, photos, art, logos, movies, sounds, characters, etc.  Some
> > webmasters have already received a letter warning them to remove all copyrighted materials
> > from their sites.  Chris Harrison has this letter posted, which you can read at:
> >
> > http://www.igs.net/~chrisharr/startrek.html

     This fiasco belongs on the pages of Dilbert.  Only corperate america
could be so stupid as to piss off (pardon my french) the very loyal ST
fans who have taken the time to make their free ST advertising web sites.
In the process, paramount showing that they care nothing about any of the
loyal fans who have made trek a huge cash cow.  There is so much money to
be made from trek, but the misguided people at paramount are determined
to kill trek before the 21st century.  The quality of the upcoming movie
may decide the fate of a franchise that is floundering for no reason
other than poor management.  ST has the fans, the history, a huge
universe to use, but is intent on self-destruction.

Follow-Ups: References: